Youth Pastor Job Description
Aim: To appoint an energetic and inspiring Youth Pastor, who will oversee the Youth Ministry at Fountain Vineyard Christian Fellowship in Port Elizabeth - modelling honest, passionate discipleship and encouraging young people to grow in a lively, committed and radical faith in Jesus Christ.
Outline of General Responsibilities:
- To be a full member of the Staff Team and so to attend Staff Meetings and prayer times.
- To have primary responsibility for the leadership of the Youth ministry and Young Adult Ministry.
- To take overall leadership and responsibility for the spiritual direction and programme of the different youth groups covering the 11-18 age range
- To be committed to growing young people as passionate disciples of Jesus, secure in their identities
- To provide a full range of activities on Friday and throughout the week (e.g. cell groups, Sunday morning and evening groups, involvement in evening service, youth mentoring, socials)
- To ensure effective transitions into the youth programmes at 11 and then at 18 on into the Students and 20's ministry
- To share in the oversight of any 'interns' working in the Youth department.
- To work collaboratively with our Children's Pastor
- To oversee the Budget for Youth ministry
Essential qualities / skills
- A vibrant personal Christian faith
- A love of young people and a passion to make disciples
- A gifted communicator, both in writing and orally, having confidence to speak in front of large and small groups
- A person with vision about how our facilities can be used to reach out to young people in our area and tenacity to transform vision into action
- A team player, with the ability to encourage and work collaboratively with other volunteers and staff
- Due to the current nature of our existing youth in this season we are seeking male leadership to fulfill this role however we would consider a married couple.
Applications If you are interested in applying please submit a completed application form (including the names and contact details of two references), CV and covering letter to Ricky Venter, at the Church Office, or e-mail email@example.com by 28th February 2018.