P.E. Church Net

18 March 2002

Reinhard Bonnke Video Documents Modern-Day Lazarus
Nigerian certified dead, but revived days later at evangelist's meeting

February 20, 2002 edition
By Andy Butcher

The dramatic documentary of a modern-day Lazarus has been released by international evangelist Reinhard Bonnke. The German preacher who has led crusades in Africa for 30 years says that the remarkable resurrection of Daniel Ekechukwu is so well-documented that no one can be unaffected by the report.

Bonnke's Christ for All Nations (CfAN) ministry has released a 45-minute video of Ekechukwu's testimony, and also reported at its Web site how the Nigerian pastor had been certified dead and injected with embalming fluids before reviving three days later at a Bonnke meeting.Ekechukwu's wife was so sure that God would bring her husband back to life after he was fatally injured in an auto accident that she persuaded the local mortuary to allow her to take his body to the church where Bonnke was preaching. There pastors lifted Ekechukwu from the coffin in which he had been laid, and were amazed when the man started to breathe again as they prayed for him.

The CfAN video includes footage of Ekechukwu beginning to stir, and later returning to the mortuary where his body had been laid out.The "Raised from the Dead" report, subtitled "A 21st Century Resurrection Story," features interviews with one of the doctors who certified Ekechukwu dead, and the mortician. "It's shocking," one of them tells the video team. "Seeing a dead man, someone that was once dead and is now alive...it is very shocking. To God all glory should go."Nneka Ekechukwu says that when her husband was pronounced dead after last November's accident, she remembered promises God had given her that she would not suffer any more misfortune. "I said: 'This can't happen. I must do something, to prove God again.

'"On the third day after the accident, Ekechukwu's body was taken in its coffin to a church in Ontisha, where Bonnke was preaching at a service. The body was taken out of its coffin and put on a table in the church's conference center, where several pastors began to pray.Senior pastor Pat Nwachkuw Sr. tells the CfAN documentary makers that when members of the church learned about Ekechwuku's resurrection, a woman who had been on crutches threw them away and started running, and her husband ran to the church altar to ask God to forgive him his sins.

Interviewed by CfAN, Ekechukwu says when he was being taken to the hospital in the ambulance, he was visited by two angels and taken to heaven. There he saw a "multitude" of people dressed in white who were singing and praising God. Then he was taken to hell, he says.The angel told him that he had "another chance" to go back, and that the rich man's request to Lazarus -- to warn those still alive about hell -- had been "granted to this generation." Ekechukwu said that he had been told he could return to the living to give "a last warning to this generation."In commentary on the video, Bonnke says that the testimony -- which has been reported in Nigerian newspapers -- spoke of "stubborn faith and the miracle power of Jesus." Ekechukwu's story is a "sign from heaven," he says.


Back from the dead -

March 15 2002 at 07:19PM
South Africa
By Esther Lewis

It's an extraordinary video - supposedly proof that a man came back to life three days after he was certified dead.

Rhema Church, which is hosting a public viewing of the documentary story of Reverend Daniel Ekechukwu on Sunday night, believes this "risen from the dead" story has a ring of truth.

"There have been many claims, but this is the most authentic one. Either you believe it or you don't," said Ron Steele, Rhema pastor Ray McCauley's spokesperson.

'Welcome to the gates of hell'

In the video, Ekechukwu recalls meeting two angels when he was in an ambulance after a car accident in his hometown of Onitsha, Nigeria, last year.

"They handed me over to another angel. He told me that we were going to visit paradise. I saw multitudes of those looking like the (angel) who was with me. They were singing praises. They did everything simultaneously. It was as if there was one force controlling them. There was lots of music, but I never saw any instruments.

"Everything was beautiful; there are no words to describe it. Even the flowers were like gold and silver. Everything was white. Then the angel said: 'Let us visit hell'. We never did fly or move anywhere, we just appeared there - in the twinkle of an eye."

He said that in hell there was a sign that read: "Welcome to the gates of hell".

"The people looked just like us. Black and white. There was a lot of shouting, pain and torment. I never saw any fire or flames. I was jotting everything I saw down in a file. That is why when I came back I was looking for it," Ekechukwu said.

After the car accident, in which he suffered suffered head, facial and chest injuries, he was taken to a nearby hospital and placed in the intensive care unit, where his condition was described as serious.

His wife Nneka said: "He told me I must take him out of 'this' place. He said he did not want to die in that place."

He was then transferred to his preferred doctor Dr Josse Annebunwa. He died in the ambulance en route to the second hospital and was certified dead on arrival.

"I checked his pulse. There was no pulse. The pupils in his eyes were dilated. There was no heartbeat," said Annebunwa.

In the documentary, a clip of his death certificate was shown. His body was then sent to a mortuary where his body lay for three days.

He was examined for a second time by the mortician, Barlington Manu, who also certified him dead. The body was placed in a coffin and prepared for burial.

Three days later, on a Sunday, his wife insisted his body be taken to the Grace of God church in Onitsha, where Reverend Reinhard Bonnke was conducting a service.

"I felt the anointing of God was so strong there that it would resurrect my husband," Nneka said.

The body was taken to the sanctuary above the basement of the church. Pastor Luke Ibekwe accompanied Nneka and her husband's body. They prayed for him and massaged his body. He eventually started breathing. When he walked into the sanctuary people were amazed because many knew that he had been killed in the accident.

Ekechukwu is alive and well. He and his wife are now travelling Nigeria, telling about his experience.


Source: Azusa Revival List Azusa@aol.com


Back to News Index

Home | Business | Calendar | Churches | Community | Links | Ministries | Music | News | Spiritual | Contact us
Click here to subscribe to our FREE email services
© 1999 - 2016  P.E. Church Net ..... Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Our Vision