Dear KMMC partner
Social media has been abuzz with information relating to Uncle Angus, KMMC and the Bloemfontein “It’s Time” meeting. Some of this information has caused confusion so we would to provide clarity on matters relating to KMMC 2017:
- The when & where of KMMC 2017 remains unchanged: Rusoord farm, Middelburg district, Friday 28th - Sunday 30th April. See website at www.karoommc.co.za for further details.
- After the KMMC 2017 event, the Committee will prayerfully consider the future of KMMC. However, KMMC 2017 will be the last conference on Jannie Moolman's farm, Rusoord.
- We encourage each person to be led by the Lord regarding the two upcoming events. The Bloemfontein “It’s Time” meeting is a national day of prayer on Saturday 22nd April (12-2pm) for South African Christians to repent and pray to God on behalf of our nation, while KMMC is a Fri-Sun weekend event of four sessions & fellowship to inspire men in their faith to fulfil their God-given calling.
We are now entering the critical period when many are making that all-important decision of whether to attend KMMC 2017 or not. We therefore want to encourage each one of you to be actively involved in bringing people with you to the conference. Over the years, thousands of peoples' lives have been radically changed (& their destinies for eternity) because someone else invited them and/or made it possible for them to attend a KMMC. So prayerfully consider who of your friends, family, work colleagues, saved or unsaved, can you invite and assist to get to KMMC 2017.
As you are all aware, the KMMC has no conference or camping fees, and is totally dependent on donations to cover the costs of hosting such an event. We therefore invite you to consider partnering with us by sowing financially towards the costs of hosting KMMC 2017. Deposits can be made directly into the “Karoo Mighty Men Trust” cheque account, FNB Middelburg 210318, a/c no 62295845196.
The last important aspect is that of prayer & intercession, which lays the foundation for everything that will happen at KMMC 2017. To become part of this aspect send your name to Dave Turner via email (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Whatsapp (0798791848). You would then be able to be part of one or more of the following prayer actions:
- Early morning prayer hour from 5-6am on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays via Whatsapp.
- 24/7 Prayer for the last 21 Days prior to the Conference (Friday 7th - Friday 28th April). We need a minimum of 56 people to each take one 3 hour session per week to ensure non-stop prayer for 21 days. This is always a life-transforming journey for everyone who participates, so please join us.
- Bless the Nation 50 Days of Prayer: Previously KMMC did a 40 Days of Prayer, but this year we have partnered with prayer networks from across the nation who are working together as IFSA (Intercessors for South Africa) to mobilise nationwide prayer during the 50 day period from Resurrection Sunday (16th April) to Pentecost Sunday (4th June). A devotional in the form of video clip by one of 50 influential Christian leaders in our nation will go out daily via social media - inspiring, motivating & equipping Christians in the 'Why' and 'How' of prayer. Because this continues beyond KMMC, it will be very beneficial as follow-up & discipleship to continue the momentum started at KMMC.
- Intercession during KMMC in the big white Prayer Tent. Starting an hour before each session, we are encouraging everyone to join us for this 40 minutes of prayer & intercession to prepare hearts as we pray for God to move mightily in the upcoming session.
For all other information relating to KMMC, please check out the website at www.karoommc.co.za. Should you not be able to find an answer there, send an email to email@example.com
or Whatsapp Ruthi at 0828577839.
Ruthi van der Merwe
For and on behalf of Karoo Mighty Men Committee