We update our site daily. Visit our Calendar for details of events. Additional new information is posted to this page.
RECENT EVENTS LISTED:
GROWING TOGETHER MARRIAGE MINISTRIES PRESENTS TABLE 4 TWO
Red Hot Spanish Nights - a Fabulous Romantic Dinner Date Night for Couples!
Saturday, 1 June 2013 at 7pm @ Connection Cafe
R200 per couple. Cash bar available
One couple at Table 4 Two will WIN a Weekend for Two at Hogsback worth R3500!
* Includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner
Tickets for table 4 Two can be purchased at Word of Faith Christian Centre, or contact 041 399 4400 to book!
GENESIS-IMPACTING THE MODERN WORLD
Dr Johan Kruger from Creation Ministries International will be ministering at 9am on Sunday 26th May 2013 at Summerstrand Community Church 48 Erasmus Drive, Summerstrand. All welcome.
PRAYER WALK AT WALMER WEST PRIMARY SCHOOL
Walmer West Primary School, William Moffet Expressway, will be hosting a Prayer Walk on their sports fields on 31st May 2013 from 13h00-14h00. All students, teachers, friends and prayer warriors are invited to attend. We are seeing exciting miracles taking place at these events, so come expectant! We look forward to seeing you there. For more information feel free to give me a call - Paul Clough - 073 478 9281
KAMMA PARK CAR BOOT SALE & MARKET DAY
Every 2nd Saturday of the month - Car Boot Sale and Christ Church Market Day. Cars arrive at 7am and stay until 1pm. A huge variety to choose from, 2nd time around linen, clothing, books etc. plants, home bakes, bacon and egg rolls, tea and coffee. Come and find a treasure! Stalls R20-00 - contact Kathy 041-3791503
ANNUAL ORCHID DISPLAY OF THE EP ORCHID SOCIETY
At the Sherwood Garden Centre, PE from 24th to 26th May 2013
Friday 09h00 - 17h00, Saturday 09h00 - 17h00, Sunday 09h00 - 16h00
Entry fee R5.00 only
HOSPICE FUNDRAISERS - LAST NIGHT OF THE PROMS AND BLACK TIE DINNER
Musical extravaganza to be held at the Feather Market Centre featuring a massed choir, full Eastern Cape Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Richard Cock, Bagpipers, Dancers, and lan von Memerty and his family.
Date: Starts at 5pm on Saturday 1st June and 3pm on Sunday 2nd June.
Tickets: R100 and R85, available from Computicket. R10 pensioner and scholar discount in the R85 zone.
This concert of rousing popular classics will be followed by an exclusive Black Tie dinner with Richard Cock as host. Tables for the dinner are available at a cost of R4500 per table of ten & concert tickets are included in the price. The dinner is set for 7:30pm in the Selley Hall with champagne on arrival.
To secure your table at the dinner or for more info contact Melanie Manson on 041 360 7070 mornings only.
”Flowers in Praise” at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Tucker Street, Parson’s Hill.
Dates: 8th June 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost R25 (incl. tea/coffee). Other stalls will sell refreshments.
9th June 11a.m. to 1.30 p.m. Cost R20 (no refreshments)
Décor for church celebrations, wedding ideas and much more!
Presented by the Eastern Province Floral Art Association
Enquiries: Joan Jorritsma 072 1763666 or Cookie Kitson 082 4310346
SPIRIT LIFE MINISTRIES INVITES YOU TO ATTEND OUR REVIVAL SERVICES
We are experiencing an Incredible Supernatural Outpouring of the Holy Spirit! We are seeing the most Amazing Healings, Signs and Wonders. The Lost are getting SAVED! People's lives are being Changed! This Outpouring has spilled over into Fountain of Life School as well! These School kids and Teachers are experiencing REVIVAL! Everyone is welcome to come and experience this Supernatural Outpouring in Uitenhage.
Revival Service times: Wednesdays at 7pm & Sundays at 9am & 6pm at 35 Cannon St, Uitenhage.
For more info: Claudia 0829224110
Visit our Calendar for full details of events in the Nelson Mandela Metro
RECENT CLASSIFIED ADS LISTED:
- BABY GOODS - I have a the following good for sale: pink walking ring - R400, lilac bumbo and play tray - R300, Chelino baby carrier - R100, Wooden high chair/ table & Chair set R350. Prices Negotiable. ... posted 23 May 2013
- BOOKKEEPER POSITION WANTED - I’m a qualified Junior Bookkeeper(Doing my last subject to be a qualified Senior Bookkeeper). I’m looking for a position in this direction. I have experience will send my CV on request. [Email me at email@example.com] ... posted 23 May 2013
- 3 BED TOWNHOUSE – OPPOSITE LORRAINE PRIMARY SCHOOL - 3 bedroom unit, built in cupboards, tiled throughout (carpets in bedrooms), open plan lounge & kitchen, 1 bath including shower. Garden with large wendy house. Close to major routes, take-aways, shopping centres. Available immediately.R3500 p.m. (Pre-paid electricity). Call: 072-826-3676 [Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.] ... posted 22 May 2013
- CALL CENTRE DEBT COLLECTORS - PE - We are in search of individuals who will be trained for a debt collection campaign. Candidates must be: 1. Fluent in English and a second SA language 2. Must be able to work shifts - reliable transport 3. Debt collection experience an advantage send your CV - Ref: CoegA13 . [Email me at email@example.com] ... posted 22 May 2013
- BIOKINETICIST WANTED TO RENT - We have an upmarket, secure studio size 56 sq.m, with utilities such as therapy/consulting room, showers, pool, far infrared sauna, etc. Own equipment needed. Please contact Janet at Elan Health & Wellness, Walmer to view. [Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org] ... posted 22 May 2013
- GARDEN ROUTE DRIVER - I'm looking for a 8 to 5 job as a driver. Monday to Friday, no weekends. Salary between R3500 and R4000 pm. I've got code 8 and 10 and pdp as well. none smoker and none drinker. If you are interested, please contact me at 0711649802. I also have knowledge of data capturing as well. I know the garden route very well. [Email me at email@example.com] ... posted 22 May 2013
- ENGINEER - Registered with ECSA will be highly advantageous. Relevant Engineering tertiary qualification (Civil, Industrial or Mechanical) coupled with previous experience gained in projects management. Computer literacy (MS Projects) with drivers licence and own transport essential. The person will be responsible for managing projects on sites and this would mean that the successful candidate will be required to spend 3 - 5 weeks living on site and would travel between 300 and 400 km's. Package highly negotiable for the right person. [Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org] ... posted 22 May 2013
- DOMESTIC, CLEANER / NANNY JOB - I am a Zimbabwean lady looking for job as a domestic worker, babysitter or cleaner. I am hardworking reliable and trustworthy l am looking for 1 to 5days a week even piece job my cell number is 0842813167. [Email me at email@example.com] ... posted 22 May 2013
Visit our Classifieds Ads for more ads from the Nelson Mandela Metro
RECENT NEWS LISTED:
Visit our News Index for more reports
RECENT SOCIAL & MORAL ISSUES LISTED:
Visit our Social & Moral Issues Page for more reports
AWARENESS ABOUT A.L.S. AND M.N.D. DISEASE
We're creating awareness around the World via E.Mail for A.L.S and
M.N.D - which are abbreviations for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and
Motor Neurone Disease respectively.
Motor neurone disease (MND) is a rare condition, which is caused by the
breakdown of the nerve cells in the brain that control the muscles used
to move (voluntary muscles), but not the nerves dealing with sensation.
The parts of the brain dealing with intelligence and awareness also
There are three main types of MND, which affect different nerves:
* amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), which
affects about half of people with MND,
* progressive muscular atrophy (PMA),
* bulbar palsy - when the throat muscles
are principally involved.
Unfortunately, there is currently no cure, and most people with MND
will die from it within a few years. There are some notable exceptions,
however. Stephen Hawking, the physicist, noticed his first symptoms
– clumsiness in his hands – over 40 years
The cause of this terrible illness isn’t known but
dedicated research is underway to understand the causes, and develop a
Please pass this message on to create much needed awareness. Please
also say a prayer for all those patients, their families, carers,
friends, M.N.D./A.L.S. organisations and Hospices who are affected by
this devastating disease.
our Calendar for
details of events
This page sponsored by Bluewater Bay Community Church